aTyr Pharma is a biotherapeutics company engaged in the discovery and development of innovative medicines based on novel biological pathways. aTyr’s research and development efforts are concentrated on a newly discovered area of biology, the extracellular functionality and signaling pathways of tRNA synthetases. aTyr has built a global intellectual property estate directed to a potential pipeline of protein compositions derived from 20 tRNA synthetase genes and their extracellular targets. aTyr’s primary focus is ATYR1923, a clinical-stage product candidate which binds to the neuropilin-2 receptor and is designed to down-regulate immune engagement in inflammatory lung diseases. aTyr is publicly traded on Nasdaq under the symbol “LIFE”. For more information, please visit http://www.atyrpharma.com.
Patients and their challenges provide tremendous drive and meaning to what we do at aTyr. We seek a talented and successful individual that deeply desires to participate in our process to make medicines that change a patient’s life forever.
- Manage updates to the Company’s SOX compliance documentation including Control Matrices, Process Narratives, and monitoring compliance through interviews and document review
- Coordinate with external SOX service provider walkthroughs, testing and process reviews
- Assist with flowcharting SOX processes
- Provide SOX training to process owners in their preparation of controls documentation and testing of SOX controls
- Recommend best practices to the process owners regarding remediation of findings
- Develop strong relationships with internal business partners and act as a subject matter expert in the design and implementation of controls
- Review test findings and facilitate remediation of control gaps and escalate possible critical issues to the senior management of the company
- Assist in preparation of SEC filings, including but not limited to: 10-Q, 10-K, proxy statement, 8-K and Section 16 filings
- Generate monthly financial statement reports
- Assist in preparation of the budget templates and roll-up’s
- Assist accounting for all equity plan activity, including stock-based compensation expense
- Participate in ad-hoc projects
- Must be a CPA or CPA candidate
- Possess 2-3 years of experience with a public Biotech company
- Experience with budget and forecast templates
- Possess technical expertise related to Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, COSO Framework, Internal Audit and Internal Controls
- Recent experience with SOX controls documentation and testing
- Experience in end-to-end project management, controls evaluation, and cross-functional collaboration
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, proactive and detail oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job #188AP to email@example.com. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.