aTyr Pharma is a biotherapeutics company engaged in the discovery and development of innovative medicines based on novel biological pathways. aTyr’s research and development efforts are concentrated on a newly discovered area of biology, the extracellular functionality and signaling pathways of tRNA synthetases. aTyr has built a global intellectual property estate directed to a potential pipeline of protein compositions derived from 20 tRNA synthetase genes and their extracellular targets. aTyr’s primary focus is ATYR1923, a clinical-stage product candidate which binds to the neuropilin-2 receptor and is designed to down-regulate immune engagement in inflammatory lung diseases. aTyr is publicly traded on Nasdaq under the symbol “LIFE”. For more information, please visit http://www.atyrpharma.com.
Patients and their challenges provide tremendous drive and meaning to what we do at aTyr. We seek a talented and successful individual that deeply desires to participate in our process to make medicines that change a patient’s life forever.
aTyr Pharma is seeking an outstanding individual to join our Immunology Team. The Senior Scientist will play an integral part in the development and characterization of novel immunomodulatory therapeutic candidates for the treatment of cancer and other inflammatory diseases. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated independent individual who leads from the bench and enjoys having broad responsibilities and opportunities.
- Design and execute MOA studies using methods such as multi-color flow cytometry, gene expression analysis techniques, MSD and other immunological assays
- Independently troubleshoot technical issues and develop optimized processes and assays for critical tasks
- Work together with other departments within the company as well as with external collaborators
- Be an active participant in internal and external meetings
- Supervise/mentor research associate(s)
- Contribute to a dynamic, exciting culture that embraces team work and innovation
The role requires the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a cross-functional, fast-paced team environment. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible with the ability to handle rapidly changing objectives and timelines. The ideal candidate will have:
- PhD with postdoc experience in immunology (5-7 years’ industry experience)
- Background in immunology is required, with background in oncology and or fibrosis a plus
- Ability to independently design, plan, execute and interpret experiments
- Hands-on experience and troubleshooting proficiency with immune cell isolation from peripheral blood and leukopak, cell expansion, and cell based immunoassays
- Demonstrated experience with immunological assays to assess and characterize cell function such as cytokine secretion, differentiation, activation, cytotoxicity, proliferation and suppression assay
- Broad expertise in cellular immunology, tumor immunology, molecular biology, and flow cytometry
- Expertise with multi-color flow cytometry (immune cell profiling, at least 8 colors) and flow data analysis is required, cell sorting experience a plus
- Proven track record of success through publications and presentations
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative environment
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job #194SP to email@example.com. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.