aTyr Pharma is a biotherapeutics company engaged in the discovery and development of innovative medicines based on novel biological pathways. aTyr’s research and development efforts are concentrated on a newly discovered area of biology, the extracellular functionality and signaling pathways of tRNA synthetases. aTyr has built a global intellectual property estate directed to a potential pipeline of protein compositions derived from 20 tRNA synthetase genes and their extracellular targets. aTyr’s primary focus is ATYR1923, a clinical-stage product candidate which binds to the neuropilin-2 receptor and is designed to down-regulate immune engagement in inflammatory lung diseases. aTyr is publicly traded on Nasdaq under the symbol “LIFE”. For more information, please visit http://www.atyrpharma.com.
Patients and their challenges provide tremendous drive and meaning to what we do at aTyr. We seek a talented and successful individual that deeply desires to participate in our process to make medicines that change a patient’s life forever.
We are seeking an experienced, creative and motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our Immunology Team. In this role, you will contribute to the company’s efforts to develop and characterize novel therapeutic candidates for cancer and inflammatory diseases.
The successful candidate will have a strong immunology background and will be expected to work in an engaged manner in a collaborative cross-functional team environment, perform experiments, organize and analyze results, communicate effectively and present findings in team meetings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In vitro and ex vivo cell culture and phenotyping of immune cells including, but not limited to T cells and myeloid cells
- Perform functional assays to evaluate the efficacy and characterize mechanism of action of our therapeutic candidates in immune cells
- Independently plan and execute in vitro functional assays with human and murine cells according to project timelines and goals
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of immunology/immunotherapy field
- Coordinate tasks across projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning
- Effectively communicate plans and results in both oral and written form
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic collaborative team environment
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in Immunology/Cell Biology
- Excellent mammalian cell/tissue culture and sterile technique required
- Hands-on experience in immunology and/or oncology, preferably with isolation, manipulation and functional analysis of human immune cells subsets in whole blood and PBMC
- Expertise with primary myeloid cell-based assays required
- Extensive experience culturing primary immune cells required
- Expertise with multi-color flow cytometry (6+ colors) and data analysis (FACSDiva, FlowJo) highly desirable, but not required
- Knowledge of cytokine biology desirable
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Strong organizational skills and record keeping
- Proficient in using data management programs such as MS Office and Graph Pad Prism Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job #203SP to firstname.lastname@example.org. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.